Saturday, July 9, 2016

Stinkin' Thinkin'

Welp, here it is.  Where I struggle most.  My thoughts.  Today was a great day...I had a friend sign up to do Weight Watchers with me and we are both committed to being healthy and HAPPY!  She deserves it...I deserve it!  We had a great breakfast, only 6 points.  Then I had lunch and a snack.  I knew that my husband and daughter would be making dinner tonight.  They had watched a video online about a new way to cook steak and were eager to try it!  I was prepared...I knew that it involved butter and seasonings.  I looked in my "Pocket Guide" and saw that under "Beef" it says that sirloin steak that has been trimmed is 1 point per ounce...sounds GREAT!  At dinner time I go into the kitchen and fix my plate...I weighed my steak and it was 8oz exactly...it seemed big, but I was quite hungry and I knew I had plenty of points so I also enjoyed some mashed potatoes.  Not much, but a little bit!  I topped my steak w/ some A1 and was looking great w/ my point count.  As we were eating I remembered to ask about how much butter was used.  Less than a Tblsp!!!!  YEA!!!  I'm doing great!  Then, during the conversation, it's mentioned that Olive Oil was also used.  I asked how much...bless their hearts...they thought that it would be alright...They used 3 Tblsp of Olive Oil...yep...you've figured it out...I realized that I would be WAY over my points for the day.  That's when the mind games begin.  Do I only eat a few bites?  I weighed my options and made a conscious decision to enjoy my steak, in it's entirety!!!  I decided to use some of my weekly points.  We sat there as a family and enjoyed a wonderful meal!  But now...now i'm regretting.  It should be ok.  I should be ok to use some of my weekly points.  That's why they're there.  When I need them.  I don't make a habit of using weeklies on a daily basis.  And i've also earned some Activity Points!  But the mind games are in full swing.  I'm beating myself up.  I don't want to rely on my Activity Points or my Weeklies....why is that?  It's part of the program!  I've been doing so great and yet here I am doubting my ability to stay the course.  THIS IS ABSURD!!!!  It's just ridiculous...the way I let my mind run...I HAVE been doing a good job.  It's not like I ran out and ate a cheesecake because I was upset!  Brace yourselves for this...are you ready????  I went a WHOPPING 3 POINTS over dailies.  3 measly points!!!!  I do know that it's ridiculous to be this way...honest, I do.  But it's the reality of me.  The bad stuff is easier to believe about myself.  The good stuff is hard.  I would really appreciate some prayer, friends!  I've got to get rid of the stinkin' thinkin'!!!  “Satan, you are a liar. I will not receive (or believe) your lie in the Name of Jesus.” - 2 Corinthian 10:5  "Begin to think on the Word or begin to sing a praise song to God. Make a conscious effort to fill your mind with good, pure, wholesome, and lovely thoughts" Philippians 4:8

Toodles,

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment